There is no doubt that weddings can be stressful to plan as well as attend. You want everything to be perfect, from your hair and makeup to the decorations at the reception. We want you to relax and enjoy your wedding. Therefore, here are 6 wedding day planning tips to help your day be less stressed so that you can relax, have fun and enjoy your beautiful day.
- Hire a photographer and DJ who will provide you with timelines. The Photographer will provide you with a photography timeline of the entire day and the DJ will provide you with the reception timeline of scheduled events (i.e. dances, cake cutting, toasts, etc…). The timelines will keep the wedding day on track.
- Create a checklist of everything you need to remember to bring on your wedding day. There is nothing worse than forgetting something at home on your biggest day of the year!
- The family pictures after the ceremony can be time consuming. To speed things up you can pick one person from the bride’s side and one person from the grooms side to gather their respective family during family portraits. This way if someone is needed the photographer does not have to search for the family member.
- You will be on your feet for a long period of time on your wedding day. You may want to wear your shoes for periods of time to break them in before your wedding. Further, if your wedding is outside get some clear plastic heel stoppers to put on your heels preventing them from sinking in the ground. Bring a comfortable pair of shoes to wear for dancing.
- Hire professionals for your wedding day. Professional in the wedding field usually belong to associations such as Lake of the Ozarks Wedding Association. By hiring professionals who are reputable you will ensure your wedding will be flawless.
- Ask your hair and makeup artist(s) how long it will take for their services. It has been our experience it usually takes anywhere from one and a quarter hours to 2 hours per person. If you have a team of hair stylists and makeup artists this will save you a lot of time. Make sure to account for travel between locations (if applicable). When we do your photography timeline these are standard questions we will ask so that we will ensure everything stays on track so that you do not have to worry about it.
Four 2 North